close
close

Official cause of death of PGA Tour golfer Grayson Murray determined

PGA Tour golfer Grayson Murray is suspected of having died of carbon monoxide poisoning, the daily email reports.

Murray, 30, was reportedly found in his Palm Beach Gardens townhouse with exhaust fumes from his Land Rover driving into the ground-floor garage after a neighbor heard a carbon monoxide alarm go off. The golfer’s parents Erik And Terry Murrayhad previously revealed that their son died by suicide in a statement shared on Sunday (May 26).

“We have spent the last 24 hours trying to come to terms with the fact that our son is gone,” read the statement, which was shared by the PGA Tour with suicide support information. “It’s surreal that not only do we have to admit it to ourselves, but we have to admit it to the world.

“We have so many questions for which there are no answers. But one. Was Grayson loved? The answer is yes. By us, his brother Cameronhis sister Erica, his entire extended family, his friends, his co-stars and – it seems – by many of you reading this. He was loved and he will be missed.”

“We would like to thank the PGA Tour and the entire golfing world for the outpouring of support. Life was not always easy for Grayson, and although he took his own life, we know he now rests peacefully.”

“Please respect our privacy as we deal with this incredible tragedy, and honor Grayson by being kind to each other. If that becomes his legacy, we couldn’t ask for anything else. Thank you.”

Back To Top